Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Paying it forward with a BlackBerry... it happened to me

Rushing around last Saturday morning, I did not have a chance to go through my regular RSS feeds received onto my BlackBerry Bold via the Viigo application, so had no idea what had happened... someone had leaked / released BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 to the wider market, apparently in beta format.

So what you might say, and fair enough, and I understand your lack of interest here if you are not a BlackBerry user. If however, on the other hand, you are, BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 is quite simply quite exciting (compared to the existing ones in use, virtually unchanged for it seems, ages):
  • pictures as avatars
  • share locations
  • share music you are listening to
  • lots of smiley emoticons
  • patriotic flags
  • etc

So, here I was, a BlackBerry user (or abuser) who is normally on top of applications that are released / leaked, not knowing this amazing update had surfaced.

Arrived at the Brisbane International Airport to meet my mother-in-law and sister-in-law (not to mention little nephew Daman) and received a BlackBerry Messenger from @JMarkyBB asking me my thoughts on BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 ..... boom! I was floored.

Paying It Forward:

Mark obviously thought enough of our friendship to bring this amazing piece of BlackBerry software to my attention.... in other words, he paid it forward.

I was then able to install BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 and start playing, but more importantly, was able to help others with the same .... I was able to pay it forward, as a direct result of Mark's paying it forward action.

If you get the chance, I would encourage you, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, to pay it forward.

Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Hey Thomas....I love the whole Pay it Forward concept. Feel free to check us out www.whatwomenwantwealthcreation.com

    ReplyDelete